Parenting children can bring lots of challenges as well as rewards. City & Hackney CAMHS run a range of groups for parents/carers, which offer advice and support around a variety of parenting issues. Themes include: understanding your child, building strong relationships, promoting positive behaviours, dealing with challenging behaviours, and looking after yourself as a parent.
We value working together with parents, and sharing ideas that may benefit your child and the whole family. The groups we run are based on well-known parenting programmes that have been shown to be effective for many families.
Lots of parents say that, as well as learning new ideas from the programme itself, they really enjoy and benefit from meeting other parents, sharing ideas and experiences, and supporting one another.
First Steps groups
- Solihull Understanding Your Child Group (under 5’s)
- Solihull Understanding Your Child Group for the Orthodox Jewish Community (under 5’s)
- Incredible Years (for parents of children aged 5 – 12 years)
- Triple P (for parents of young people aged 12 – 18 years)
Listen to First Steps parents talk about our parents groups.
Listen to parents from ParentChanneltv talking about parents groups. Even the best parents in the world can learn something new – after all, most jobs require some training, and parenting might be the most important one you’ll ever do.
CAMHS Disability groups
- Positive Parenting Group
- Next Steps (Newly diagnosed ASD group for under 5’s)
- Autism Parents coffee morning
- Early Bird/Early Bird+(ASD)
- The Teenage Years
- Cygnet is a parenting support programme
Specialist CAMHS groups
- Non Violent Resistance Parenting Course (NVR)
- Positive Parenting Programme (Triple P)
- ASD Parenting Group
- Parent/Carers Participation Focus Group
If you would like more information about the groups that we run and would like to find out which group might be suitable for you please contact the specific team that runs the group. See the contact details below.