- Developing positive relationships
- Encouraging behaviours you like
- Teaching new skills and behaviours
- Dealing with teenagers’ emotions
- Understanding and managing problem behaviour
- Dealing with risky behaviour
- Taking care of yourself as a parent
We do a range of activities in the group, including: watching video clips, discussing experiences and concerns, sharing ideas, completing exercises, practising skills, and home tasks.
Quotes from parents that completed the First Steps’ Triple P Parenting Group for Parents of Teens:
I wasn’t sure at first then after the first session I couldn’t believe how lucky I was to find such a support. This has helped me and my son so much. Thank you.
I found the group very useful in learning about different approaches both in theory from the book and leaders but also in practice from other group members – thank you all very much.
I feel a new strength in me and more confident and I am not alone as I was before struggling….both (facilitators) are with me and my new friends the parents. Thank you for that precious time I am grateful.